Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Mexico!

Traductor a la derecha de página --->

Throwback: Trip to Mexico. 

Mexico City -Teotihuacan- San Miguel de Allende

Dominicans in Mexico!


Last year, on my trip to Guatemala  I decided that on July/August, 2017 I was going to Mexico, and I did. A couple of months before my trip I told my plan to my best friend/soul sister Melissa Lara and she decided to join me and spend her birthday with me in that beautiful country. Paola, Melissa's cousin, also joined us in this awesome adventure.



I spent two weeks in Mexico, the first one I just rested and spent time with one of my aunts and her friends. Melissa and Paola joined me the second week.

I am going to share pictures of second week with my friends. I have like a thousand pictures of this trip(not kidding) but I'm only going to share some of them with you. 😊

Before the trip we booked a tour for each day. We learned a lot, did a lot of things, and had a lot of fun in that trip but, like I said, I'm just going to share a little of each day. Thank you Melissa for planning the tours!

For Slide Full Screen just click the square or Ctrl+Shift+ F

Day 1. Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City and Teotihuacan.

The Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe is a Roman Catholic Church located in Mexico City. The Basilica is located where an Indian named Juan Diego saw a vision of a beautiful lady in a blue mantle.

Teotihuacan is an ancient city in Mexico and in the you can visit the Pyramid of the Moon and, one of the largest and most important structures in Teotihuacan, the Pyramid of the Sun.
Climbing to the top of the pyramids, especially the Pyramid of the Sun, was a very tiring and awesome experience. The view from both Pyramids is beautiful.




Day 2.  The Frida Kahlo Museum, Coyoacan and Xochimilco.
Visiting the Blue House, Frida Kahlo’s former home, was a rewarding experience. I knew and read about Frida but getting to see where and how she lived; seeing her personal items like her bed, wheelchair, brushes, paints, her paintings, writings, etc.; for me was something different.

After the museum we took a ride on a trajinera (colored boat) in Xochimilco. On the ride around the canals you can see other trajineras(there are a loooot!) with other people or waiting for people, trajineras with people selling food, and trajineras with Mariachis that can jump in your trajinera if you wish(and pay) to serenade you and entertain you. My favorite part was the Mariachis, if you look for the good ones, you can have a lot of fun. The mariachis that sang in our trajinera were great(video in slide).  





Day 3. Chapultepec Castle.
On Melissa's birthday we went to visit a Castle because she is a queen(just kidding).
Chapultepec castle is located in the Bosque de Chapultepec( Chapultepec Forrest) and it was the home of Mexican leaders.

Day 4. San Miguel de Allende
We woke up at 5:00am to go from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende. It took us almost 5 hours to get there but it was worth it! San Miguel de Allende is located in Guanajuato and it is a Mexico
Magical Town. A Magical town is a town with special traditions or a town where great events in Mexico's history happened.
San Miguel de Allende is surrounded by churches, Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel being the symbol of the town and surrounded by beauty. One of the fun things to do there is to ride a hot air balloon(not for me).

Day 5. Musical Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar (I Can' Get Up Today).

Melissa and I grew up watching a show on Disney Channel  Latin America called Zapping Zone. I always wanted to call and talk to them or at least one day meet them. While in Mexico we had the chance to go and see the musical Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar based on songs of the band Mecano. Two of  the Zapping Zone hosts were on the play. The show was awesome, the actors were awesome, and the best part was that at the end of the show when they were leaving, they were kind enough to stop, talk and take pictures with fans. It was like a childhood dream come true.




Going to Mexico was a great experience. A beautiful country rich in culture and with great people. We can't wait to go back and visit all the places we couldn't go.

Thanks to Paola and Melissa lara for joining me in that adventure.

Hasta la próxima amigos! Bye .

No comments:

Post a Comment